Job Applicant Privacy Statement
Job Applicant Privacy Statement
DF Seeds, LLC and its affiliates (“DF Seeds”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) provides this Job Applicant Privacy Statement to explain our practices regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of certain individually identifiable information about job applicants or other potential employees (“Personal Information”), in connection with recruiting and hiring activities through the website https://www.dfseeds.com/careers/ (the “Site”).
- Information We Collect
DF Seeds collects and uses the following categories of Personal Information in consideration of your potential employment:
- Account Information, including username, email address, password, and jobs that you have viewed and saved.
- Characteristics of Protected Classifications, including race, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, disability information, military or veteran status, and age Provision of this information is voluntary and only collected to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- Device Information, including Personal Information about the device, or browser you are using to access the Site, such as operating system, browser information, Internet Protocol (IP) address, Universal Device Identifiers (UDID), broad geographic location, usage activity on the Site through cookies, web beacons, and similar tracking technologies, and other technical information.
- Education Information, including education, training, and professional certifications.
- Identifiers, including name, contact information (home address, mobile number, email address), date of birth, social security number (or local equivalent), work/residence authorization documentation (e.g., visas, permits), drivers licenses, nationality, and
- Professional or Employment Related Information, including worker status, organization information, compensation information, work contact information, employment background, functional experience, leadership experience, honors or awards, background information commonly used for security screenings (if and as permitted under applicable law), qualifications, evaluations, performance reviews, career interest, and development information.
- Publicly Available Online Information, such as your LinkedIn profile URL or other similar professional social network.
- Other Identifying Information, including information you may submit via the Site.
Personal Information will be collected either directly from you, or from authorized third parties (e.g., people you have named as your references, previous employers, schools, public authorities, or public resources), subject to the requirements of applicable law.
Your Personal Information may also be collected by our service providers under appropriate instructions as necessary to support and facilitate the purpose(s) detailed below. Service providers will be subject to contractual obligations to implement appropriate technical and organizational security measures to safeguard the Personal Information, and to process the Personal information only as instructed.
- How We Use Your Information
We use Personal Information for the following purposes:
|Purposes||Categories of Data Involved|
|Recruiting and hiring activities, including administering your recruitment, communicating with you, communicating with your designated contacts in case of an emergency, making a hiring decision (including assessing qualifications, tracking applicants during the application process, and carrying out interviews), verification of credentials and prior employment history, performing background checks where permitted by applicable law, providing and customizing your Site experience and communicating with you about other job openings that may be of interest to you.||Account information, characteristics of protected classifications, device information, education information, identifiers, professional or employment related information, publicly available online information|
|Complying with applicable laws and employment-related requirements along with the administration of those requirements, including record keeping and reporting for human rights, employment equity, and other similar screenings (where applicable).||Characteristics of protected classifications, education information, identifiers, professional or employment related information, publicly available online information|
|Responding to and complying with requests and legal demands from regulators or other authorities in or outside of your home country.||Account information, characteristics of protected classifications, device information, education information, identifiers, professional or employment related information, publicly available online information|
|Managing corporate information technology, including protecting the security and effective functioning of the Site and information technology systems.||Account information, device information|
|Marketing, promotion, and advertising, including delivering ads and measuring their effectiveness.||Device information, location information (if your device settings allow us to collect location information)|
We will only use your Personal Information for the purposes for which we collected it or another purpose that is compatible with the context in which your Personal Information was collected. If we use your Personal Information for another purpose, we will take the steps necessary to get permission for such additional use in accordance with applicable law.
- How We Disclose Your Information
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we may disclose your Personal Information in the following situations:
- Within the Legacy Agripartners family of companies: We may disclose your Personal Information amongst the Legacy Agripartners group of companies as necessary to conduct recruiting and hiring activities and respond to and comply with requests and legal demands.
- With certain third parties: External advisors (e.g., auditors and other professional advisors), banks, insurance carriers, benefits providers, associations, and other third parties may also receive your Personal Information as necessary in connection with our business operations, in particular to carry out our contractual relationships with such third parties, to administer the workforce, comply with applicable laws and employment-related requirements, communicate with you and third parties, conduct IT management, conduct security screenings, and respond to and comply with requests and legal demands.
- With certain acquiring or acquired entities: If a Legacy Agripartners business is sold or transferred in whole or in part or if Legacy Agripartners acquires or integrates another entity into the Legacy Agripartners business (or any similar transaction is being contemplated), your personal information may be transferred to the other entity (e.g., the new employer, potential new employer, the new acquired entity, or potential new acquired entity) prior to the transaction (e.g., during the diligence phase) or after the transaction, subject to any rights provided by applicable law, including jurisdictions where the other entity is located.
- With Service Providers: Certain third parties, whether affiliated or unaffiliated, may receive your personal information to process such data under appropriate instructions as necessary to support and facilitate recruiting and hiring activities, comply with applicable laws and employment-related requirements, and other activities. Service providers will be subject to contractual obligations to implement appropriate technical and organizational security measures to safeguard the personal information, and to process the personal information only as instructed and, in a manner, consistent with this Privacy Statement.
- With government authorities: We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws or regulations. We may also need to share your personal information with tax authorities, courts, regulators, the police and other governmental authorities where we are required or permitted to do so by law.
- Other disclosures with your consent. We may ask if you would like us to share your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this privacy statement.
- Social Media Platforms. The Site has features such as, plugins, widgets, or and other tools made available by third parties that may result in information being collected or shared between us and the third party. For example, if you “share” a job posting to your Facebook newsfeed, Facebook will post that information on Facebook. Their use of your information is not governed by this Privacy Statement.
The recipients identified above may be located inside or outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Recipients outside the EEA might be located in countries that do not offer an adequate level of protection from an EEA data protection law perspective. We take appropriate measures for the cross-border transfer of Personal Information, including the use of Standard Contractual Clauses or other mechanisms as required by applicable law.
- Protecting Your Information
We maintain reasonable physical, technical, and procedural safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the Personal Information in question. These safeguards are designed to help protect your personal information against loss, unauthorized access or disclosure, modification, or destruction. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of any privacy or security event relating to your personal Information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
- Other Important Information
- Changes to this privacy statement. We may change this privacy statement and practices over time. To the extent that this privacy statement changes in a material way, the statement that was in place at the time that you submitted Personal Information to us will generally govern that information. This privacy statement includes an “effective” and “last updated” date. The effective date refers to the date that the current version took effect. The last updated date refers to the date that the current version was last substantively modified.
- The Site is intended to be used by adults only. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children who are not of legal age to consent to the collection and use of their Personal Information.
- Contact Us With Questions
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or how we handle your Personal Information, please contact:
Effective Date. 10/18/21
Last Updated Date. 10/18/21